Thursday, June 9, 2011

Only four more days until my husband Tom and I are professed in the Secular Franciscan Order.  I have been so emotional.  Today, I am very happy and joyful.  This morning I said to Tom that all I wanted to do was spend the day with him and in prayer.  He wanted that too.  Of course, though, he is not done with school yet.  Tomorrow is his last day until July 25th.  Then the rat race starts again.

Saturday is our 35th wedding anniversary.  We were hoping to go somewhere for a quiet day of prayer and reflection.  We have been trying to think of where we want to go.  Nothing is coming to mind.  We don't have allot of money to travel by car for one day.  We would need gas money.  We were planning to pack a picnic lunch.  So food would not be a problem.

I just had an idea.  I think that God planted it in my head.  I could take some money out of the saving account.  We really don't have allot saved for the summer though.  Tom will not have a paycheck in the month of July and part of August.  I will still have my retirement checks all summer.  We will be stretching our budget very thin.  I know that God will provide for us.  I guess I don't have very much Faith though.

I wonder if I am being tested?  Time will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment